Lose weight with medication
The drugs that help with weight loss are not new. For example, they have been used for some time in the treatment of diabetes. They inhibit your appetite or urge to eat and provide a more satiated feeling ("hunger feeling" goes away) so that you eat less. But losing weight with only medication obviously only provides a short-term effect.
Why a lifestyle intervention when using medication
Medication to lose weight (Saxenda injections) is only an aid, a 'push in the back'. To maintain a sustainable weight, a change in your lifestyle is essential: your diet and level of exercise.
The SCALE Obesity and Prediabetes trial showed that the most effective weight reduction is achieved by following a lifestyle intervention simultaneously with the use of Saxenda injections. So not before, but also not after.
That is why, in addition to your medication, you always follow our 3 or 6 month lifestyle program.
How does the program work?
- In addition, our treatment team coaches you for 6 months so that you can really take steps.
- At the start of the process you will receive our nutrition book with a detailed 6-week nutrition plan from which you will cook.
- Your body composition is also measured and at the end of the course too. We do this with the BOD POD, the “gold standard” in this area. This way you can not only see how many kilos you have lost, but also how much inner (also: visceral) fat you have lost and how much you have improved exactly in health.
You can also get started with our program Medical weight loss with injections if you:
- are 18 years or older
- are not pregnant
- Are overweight (BMI 27-30) with complaints caused by being overweight such as sleep apnea or high blood pressure
- Are seriously overweight (BMI over 30)
- Are ready to start living healthier
Make an appointment
For questions or to make an appointment, you can contact us directly by telephone, e-mail or whatsapp.
- 085-400 99 90
- Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00
- Whatsapp +31 (0)85-400 99 90